Full Mouth Reconstruction Sacramento, CA
Full mouth restorations, also known as full mouth reconstructions, are the most advanced restorative dentistry procedures available to patients. A full mouth reconstruction is often required for patients who need to fix worn out teeth, or fix falling out teeth.
Advanced restorative dentistry
At Redford Smiles, Dr. Redford specializes in treating patients who have advanced restorative dentistry needs. Whether due to an accident, long-term oral neglect, or any other cause, Dr. Redford examines each and every patient who needs a full mouth reconstruction.
Using advanced oral care techniques and minimally-invasive procedures, he develops a plan for each patient. This allows you to restore the natural look and function of your teeth quickly, no matter what your particular full mouth restoration needs may be.
If you have more questions about full mouth restorations, keep reading. We’ll outline the common reasons you may need a full mouth reconstruction, discuss common procedures used, and more.
What Is Full Mouth Reconstruction?
At Redford Smiles, we define a full mouth restoration as any dental treatment plan that requires the use of two or more restorative procedures. This means that no two full mouth restorations are alike.
For a patient who is suffering from periodontal disease, a full mouth reconstruction may consist of a procedure such as a gingivectomy, and then application of dental bridges to replace missing teeth.
A patient who has been in a serious car accident, on the other hand, may require the removal of all teeth, and their replacement with dentures, or an “All-On-4” dental implant procedure.
Each full mouth reconstruction is different. By assessing your overall oral health and the current state of your teeth, Dr. Redford develops a custom treatment plan that allows you to preserve as many natural teeth as possible, and restore your natural smile and tooth function.
Common Full Mouth Restoration Treatments
Each treatment plan will differ depending on the patient but most full mouth restorations will consist of at least one of the following treatments:
- Dental Implants – Dental implants can be used to permanently replace missing teeth.
- Dental Bridges – A lower-cost alternative to dental implants, dental bridges also restore and replace missing teeth.
- Dentures – Dentures are often used for patients who have lost multiple teeth, or who cannot afford to have dental implants or bridges installed. Some patients may opt for a permanent denture treatment such as “All-On-4” dentures, which are installed using advanced dental implantation techniques.
- Dental Crowns – Dental crowns are usually used to treat decayed teeth, or teeth damaged in an accident.
- Periodontal Treatment – Periodontal treatments such as gingivectomies, root planing/scraping, and pocket reduction are usually required for patients with gum disease.
- Root Canal Therapy – Root canals to remove infected pulp are common in full mouth restoration treatments involving tooth decay.
- Other procedures that may be used include fillings, inlays and onlays, and even cosmetic procedures such as dental bonding and porcelain veneers, depending on the needs of each patient.
Appointments for Full Mouth Reconstruction
You can’t trust just any Sacramento dentist to fix worn out teeth. If you need to fix falling out teeth, or require any other full mouth reconstruction procedures, Redford Smiles is the best place for you.
At Redford Smiles, Dr. Redford and his team focus on creating individualized treatment plans for full mouth restoration in Sacramento. By taking your oral health, budget, and comfort into account, he will develop a plan that will restore your mouth, and help you live a normal life again.